Sunday, February 15, 2009

{Chocolate Love-a Cake}


4- 4 oz. ramekins
4 oz bittersweet chocolate
1/4 lb. unsalted butter
3 eggs
3/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. flour
powdered sugar
strawberries

Preheat 400F.
*Tip: Trace the bottom of a ramekin on a piece of parchment paper. Cut out 4.*
Butter sides & bottom of ramekins and place parchment in bottom of each. Put sugar in ramekins to coat & dump out remnants. Melt chocolate & butter on stovetop in a double boiler (personally I just melted it in the microwave). Whisk together eggs, sugar & flour until just blended. Add melted chocolate mixture to flour mixture gradually so not to cook the eggs. Evenly divide the mixture between the ramekins using a 1/3 C. Place ramekins on cookie sheet & cook for 10-12 min. Remove when tops are firm & beginning to crack & edges are set. Run a knife along sides. Turn upside down on plate, garnish with strawberry. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

(This is what we had for dessert last night on Love Day. I love these molten chocolate cakes. I've had them when I've gone on cruises & they are much easier than I thought for such a fancy dessert. Everyone loved them and if you are not a chocolate cake fan, they really are not like chocolate cake at all but more of a brownie consistency with liquid gooey chocolate lava in the middle... mmmmm.... I'm drooling just sitting here describing it. It's a MUST try!!! The picture above is the cake cut open so you can see it gooey goodness.)

5 comments:

Mary said...

Oh. My. God.

!!!

April said...

That cake looks to die for...so happy you stopped by today! I appreciate it a lot!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OMG that looks super yummy! So banned from my house and the diet ... LOL.

Stopping by from SITS :)

Ms Cupcake said...

Adorable photos!

Good morning sistas! It's one day until Friday!

I'm sponsoring a Mardi Gras contest on my blog. Lots of fun cupcake prizes.
Grand Prize: Juicy Couture Pink Cupcake necklace.

Zen Cupcake February 17, 2009: Mardi Gras Giveaway!

Make it a great day!

The Dapper Darling said...

awwwwwwwwwww man...This looks delish! Ill have to try this one!