Saturday, May 9, 2009

{Chicken Cheese Enchiladas & Fiesta Rice}

Photobucket

Enchiladas

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3- 12 oz. cans of premium chunk chicken breast packed in water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 lg can olives
1 lb. sour cream
1 lg can mild peeled diced green chilies
1 onion
8 lg flour tortillas
1 lg bag (4 cups) shredded monterey jack and cheddar mix

Mix cooked chicken, soups, diced olives, 1/2 sour cream, green chilies, diced onion and 1/2 cheese. Spray large casserole pan with Pam cooking spray. Load each tortilla with aprox. 1-1/2 to 2 cups of mixture. Roll and fold burrito style and lay in pan. Cover enchiladas with remaining cheese & cover with foil. Bake at 425 for 45 min. Remove foil for the last 5 min. Optional: top with lettuce, tomato, cilantro, & remaining sour cream when ready to serve. Also serves well with black beans.


Rice

1 can chicken broth
1/2 C. Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa
1/2 C. water
2 C. uncooked Original Minute Rice

In saucepan heat broth, water, & salsa just until starting low boil. Stir in rice, cover & remove from heat. Let stand for 5 min.


(Happy Cinco De Mayo!! This is what we had for dinner on Tuesday. It was so good. I usually make the enchiladas as a casserole (the recipe is from a co-worker from YEARS ago) but I tried it this way for a change & I loved it so much better. They were HUGE!!! Also the rice it the easiest thing and I got that one from my bro when he was in home economics in Jr. High & so we've used that one for years also. "So DAMN good!" is a direct quote from my GB. Enjoy!)

1 comment:

Trina said...

Yum!!!! I must try these enchiladas. Happy Saturday Sharefest!!! I wasn't sure which blog to check out, so I guess I will check them all out.