Saturday, May 23, 2009

{Cabo Chicken}

Photobucket

1 C. fresh lime juice (from 5 to 6 limes)
1/2 C. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed with press
2 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 tsp. salt
8 med. skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves (6 oz. each)

In bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, and salt. In large self-sealing plastic bag, place chicken & lime marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate chicken 8 hours or overnight, turning bag over several times. Preheat broiler, setting rack 4" from source of heat, or prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on rack in broiling pan or on hot grill rack, and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with tip of knife, turning over once. Serves 8.

Photobucket

(I found this recipe in Good Housekeeping June 2008 Magazine. It's a celeb recipe and it came from LeAnn Rimes. Apparently her hubby concocted this while they were on vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It caught my eye immediately cause I've actually been to Cabo twice & I absolutely love and miss it. Wishing I were there now, & that is why I made this tonight. It was so DE-LISH!!)

3 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

Stopping by from SITS to share the blog ♥ !

Yum...sounds good

◄Happy Saturday Sharefest►

Bentley Boutique said...

Oh my, that sounds good (and low-calorie too!) Gotta try it. Stopping by from SITs

AK said...

Hey Lele..looks good..I am the one who commented after you in todays SITS blog..and that explains why I am here.Happy SITS saturday sharfest!!If you get time come and visit my blog. I am a newbie. Very much in need of support.
www.mydesire-ak.blogspot.com
or
http://mydesire-ak.blogspot.com/