Friday, October 17, 2008

{Hamburger Green Bean Casserole}


1 lb. ground beef
2 cans green beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1-1/2 C. shredded cheddar (optional)
1 lg. can French's onions
4-5 russet potatoes

Brown ground beef; put into bottom of 2 qt. casserole dish. Add green beans, soup, cheese & 3/4 can of onions. Mix well. Top with mashed potatoes & cheese. Bake 350F for 30-60 min. Check for doneness.

(This is a recipe my mom has always made and this is the name we always called it, although I do know some people prefer to call it Shepherds Pie. This is definitely a comfort food for me. It's even better as leftovers... and I usually don't like leftovers, so that's saying a lot.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so yummy, i cant wait to try one!!

Julie said...

YUM!
I love your blogs! Especially this one!
It makes me hungry!
Thanks for your compliments on my blog! I appreciate it! As far as Studio 5... I have no idea what it even is! haha... So i'm assuming not..
But thanks!

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

lisa, i made this for dinner last night and we had no leftovers, my dinner guests LOVED and DEVOURED it!!! this was awesome, thanks for sharing this recipe!
naomi

Erin said...

I found your blog through Naomi's post of your Hamburger Green Bean Casserole. I make a Shepard's pie with carrots, corn, and peas in addition to the ingredients you've listed. It packs a great nutritional punch for the kids... my son will actually eat his veggies! I think I'm going to try your recipe tonight, we're out of my regular frozen veggies, and yours looks and sounds delicious! Thanks!